The Holidays are here and as usual, I am in a frenzy to find the perfect gifts for my family. I make it a point to find gifts that are useful and long lasting – not just some passing trend. It can be easy to succumb to the glitz and flash of great deals that we are bombarded with everyday starting before Thanksgiving, but at this point in my life, I try my best not to clutter our lives with spontaneous purchases.
So when we were recently invited to check out the new (and only one in Michigan) L.L. Bean store at Partridge Creek, I got really excited. Part of the product featured in the post was provided by L.L.Bean.
L.L. Bean is known for creating quality outdoor products that last a lifetime and they stand by their 100% satisfaction guarantee. What many people may not know, is that L.L. Bean is still a family-owned business and one of the only U.S. merchants to still own and operate a U.S. manufacturing facility. They produce two of my favorite products there – the iconic Bean Boots and Tote Bags, in Maine where they employ 450 people. The store itself is pretty incredible – it's an oasis for the outdoor enthusiast. And as much as I am a fashionista, I'm also an outdoor lover and classic Michigan girl – boating, skiing, hiking, camping, etc.
While at the store, I was able to check several people off of my list! Not only do they have great clothing gifts, but also items for kids, the home and great items for host/hostesses or even Secret Santa. You can truly find something for everyone on your list, even if they aren't the "outdoorsy" type.
Here are my favorite gifts for him, her (aka me, hint hint Keith), host/hostesses and kids. One nice feature is that you can buy the items online and pick them up in store for immediate gratification and to avoid the line.
1. Maine Guide Shirt $139:The quilted flannel in buffalo check is a staple, but in this green its a welcome break from typical red!
2. Ragg Wool Hat $24.99: Just a great classic hat. Goes with everything.
3. Leatherman Wave Tool $89.99: A multi-purpose tool in stainless steel will last forever. It includes knives, pliers, wire cutters, and all locking blades.
4. Black Diamond Storm Headlamp $49.95: Everyone needs a headlamp and not just for camping – I use mine reading in the car at night.
5. L.L. Bean Camo Field Notes Brand Notebooks $13.95 (IN STORE ONLY): Even in a world of technology, you always need to take notes. These are high quality and fit into my husbands pockets.
6. Chamois Cloth Pajamas $59.95: A classic style with navy piping, but in super soft cotton chamois which keep you from overheating.
7. Winter Walker Snow Shoes $169.00: If you live in a snowy state, embrace it. Snowshoeing is an incredible workout and it makes winter so much more fun.
8. "Clue" Bookshelf Edition Game $34.95: For all of us children of the 80's, Clue is the bomb. The game and the movie…
9. Commando Sweater $69: This black sweater is anything but basic. I love the shoulder details and cut.
10. Men's 10" Bean Boots $129: you cannot go wrong with these boots. They are built to last and completely waterproof.
1. Breton Striped Boatneck Tee $29.95: Every woman needs this shirt in her life. It's a wardrobe staple.
2. Leather and Cashmere with Touchscreen Fingertip Gloves: $69 Leather and cashmere gloves for this price?! Keep your hands warm and still be able to use your phone. Also comes in brown and saddle.
3. Boat & Tote Zip Top Bag $34.95 – $54.95 (add $8 for monogram): Boom – this is probably the best gift you can give someone – get their initials monogrammed, put something personal in it and you will walk away with the best gift giver crown. FYI – they will monogram IN-STORE! So yay for last minute personalized gifts!
4. Wicked Good Moccasin Slippers $69: Hello warm and toasty toes – I can already see myself sitting by the fire in these, sipping hot cocao.
5. Hooded Puffer Vest $169: this puffer vest is relevant at any age, and will look great on everyone from my teenage niece to my 70 year old mom!
6. Wool Pull-on Jogger Pants $99: These jogger style pants have a great silhouette but in a warmer wool fabric so that they look great with heels at the office or sneakers on the weekend.
7. Sheepskin Throw Pillow $50: Who doesn't love a little sheepskin? Very soft and luxe for the ladies in your life.
8. Chunky Knit Pom Hat $29.95: Poms are back in a big way. This is a great neutral hat that will go with any color coat – plus it has fleece on the inside, so your forehead doesn't itch! *Backordered online, but availalbe in-store!
9. Big Ben Alarm Clock $44.95: I love how pretty this alarm clock is. It will dress up any bedside table and makes waking up early a little bit prettier.
10. Superga Classic COTU 2750 Sneakers $65: My favorite shoes that look great with anything, but in a fun grey color. They also come in white, navy and black.
11. Signature Cotton Fisherman Sweater $99 The perfect cable knit sweater with side zippers for an updated take on a classic.
While the typical host/ess gifts – wine, candle, etc. are perfectly nice, why not go set yourself apart and give something a little more unique.
1. Wool Hooked Yellow Lab Pillow $45: For the dog loving host or hostess!
2. Fatwood Sack $34.95: Natures most efficient kindling for your fireplace – all natural and eco-friendly. Plus the burlap sack is cute and can be reused.
3. Ultra Lush Fleecy Throw $59 (primaloft) $79 for down: A soft, plush and cozy gift that is always useful.
4. Special Edition Scrabble, Clue and Monopoly Games: $34.95 each or $99 for set of all 3: I am OBSESSED with these! They are classic, vintagey editions of favorite games.
5. Beans Breakfast Tote $29.95: A cute tote filled with real maple syrup and buttermilk pancake mix. Yum.
7. Woodland Canella Berry Centerpiece $49.95: A beautiful, festive arrangement that will make your host/ess' home smell divine. The wooden box is also a nice keepsake to reuse.
1. Flannel pajamas & tee set $34.95: Cozy pajamas are a Christmas tradition in my family. We always get new pajamas for the holidays and these are both super cute and cozy.
2. Ninjaline Intro Kit $99: Get your kids outdoors and having fun. This slackline has movable objects, which leads to hours of outdoor entertainment.
3. Sonic Snow Tube $109: The whole family can have fun with this snow tube! This one was originally designed for commercial tubing parks, so it can handle the beating it will take for winters to come.
4. Bean Puddle Stomper Rain Boots $36.95: What kid can resist jumping in a puddle? Get them the awesome boots to do it in while keeping their feet dry.
5. Critter Hats – Moose or Bluebird $19.95: These are made out of soft acrylic and lined with fleece, keeping your kiddos head warm without the itch of wool.
6. Thinsulate Gloves $24.95: Seriously, don't ever buy your kids a pair of mittens. Get them a good pair of waterproof gloves so they can actually use their hands!
7. Kids Winter Walker Snow Shoes Set $110 – $119: Kids will love being able to walk on top of the snow and you'll love having a snowy family adventure.
8. Snowman or Woodland Creatures Kit $39.95: This will give kids hours of fun outside playing in the snow, making fun snow people or animals.
9. Kids Camp Chair $29.95: Kids love having their own chair – Goldilocks syndrome?
10. Fuzzy Animal Slippers $19.95: Toasty tootsies! Comes in bear, bunny, owl and snow monster.
The L.L. Bean store is located at The Mall at Partridge Creek:
17370 Hall Road Ste.121
Clinton Township, MI 480381
Most items are available online with FREE SHIPPING!! You can also purchase items online and then pick them up in store.